Early Childhood Program
Thank you for your interest in the Early Childhood Program at Temple Beth Ahm Yisrael. We have created a warm, positive and nurturing environment that enhances our children’s emotional, intellectual, social and physical development. We recognize that every child is unique and allow each child to experiment, explore, create, share and learn at his or her own pace. We have a small student/teacher ratio, with state certified teachers. We are sure that you will agree that the Early Childhood Program at Temple Beth Ahm Yisrael will be a wonderful experience. Please feel free to contact Sandi Newman with any questions. Follow the ECP on Facebook.
Come Grow with Us! We offer a year-round, full day program. We offer care from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Interactive Learning Center Curriculum
- Art, music, movement, computers, dramatic play, discovery/science, reading readiness, math, and manipulatives, writing, sand and water play centers
- Fun and educational themes are taught throughout the year
- Smart Board Technology
- Totally inclusive and open to all who value a program of Jewish principles and high-quality education
- Weekly Shabbat with families, Jewish Holidays and culture
- NJ State Licensed
- Certified Staff
- 2 months - 15 months
- Full day 7 am to 6 pm
- Exceptional adult to infant ratio
- We value each and every infant's individual needs
- Our balance of planned and spontaneous activities will help your baby grow
- 15 - 24 months
- Focus is on socialization, play, and early learning
- Full and half day options available
2 years by October 1.
- Focus is on learning about self and others, moving, communicating and learning about the world around them
- Full and half day options available
3 Year Old and Pre-K Program
- Focus on developing social and emotional skills that are essential to the child's well-being and success
- Physical skills that are learned will help with future reading, writing, scientific exploration and math
- Gross and fine motor skills are used throughout the school day
- A solid foundation in language development gives a child the skills they need to become successful learners
- Handwriting Without Tears is used to reinforce writing skills
Full and half day options available
Morning or afternoon Pre-K classes are available, as well as full-day classes. Our Pre-K is an academic-based class that follows the NJ Standards for Preschool along with overall preparation for Kindergarten. We emphasize critical thinking, language and communication, computer skills, reading and math readiness and writing skills.
Summer Camp Registration will be beginning March 1, 2020.
We provide a warm, nurturing and child centered environment in which the children can make friends, be active in the fresh air, and enjoy summer. Campers are provided with opportunities for discovery and exploration. Our campers will participate in a variety of activities including arts & crafts, cooking, music, science, splash pad, story time and much more. The Kona Ice Truck will visit us for a special treat for Shabbat.
Camp is a very hands on experience. Your children will be very busy having a great time- which includes getting messy. Please send your child to camp wearing his/her bathing suit. Once they are done playing in the splash pad, they will be dressed to play and explore. Campers should wear sneakers or other closed toe shoes. Please be sure to label your child's belongings including shoes. Please apply sunscreen before coming to camp. Sunscreen will be re applied during the day.
Registration is now open for our 2020-21 School Year which begins September 8, 2020. Please see registration materials below for 2020-21.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me or stop by my office.
Sandi Newman, Director
973-376-0539 x 22